Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of Reasoning Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Present age of A, B and C is (3x – 2y), ‘x’ and ‘y’ respectively and average age of all the three persons is 16 years. What is the ratio if ‘x’ to ‘y’ of person B is 3 years elder to person C?
a) 2: 1
b) 5: 4
c) 4: 3
d) None of these
2) In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.
Some soaps are shampoos. Some shampoos are conditioners.
I) Some soaps are conditioners.
II) All conditioners are soaps.
a) Only conclusion I follows
b) Only conclusion II follows
c) Neither conclusion I nor II follows
d) Both conclusions I and II follow
3) In each of the questions below are given some statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts.
Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.
All books are buds.
Some buds are studs.
All studs are covers.
I) Some books are covers.
II) Some buds are covers.
a) If only Conclusion I follows.
b) If only Conclusion II follows.
c) If either Conclusion I or II follows.
d) If neither Conclusion I nor II follows.
4) From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word:
5) Which of the following words can be formed from word PHILANTHROPY?
d) None of the above
6) If 17 @ 25 = 68 and 87 @ 116 = 75, what is the value of 23 @ 115?
7) In the following question, correct the equation by interchanging two signs.
8 + 18 – 3 X 6 ÷ 42 = 2
a) + and X
b) – and ÷
c) – and +
d) X and ÷
8) Nalini said to Suramya- “You are the granddaughter of the husband of the mother-in-law of the spouse of my mother.” How is Suramya related to Nalini?
9) Starting from the point X, Jayant walked 15 m towards west. He turned left and walked 20 m. He then turned left and walked 15 m. After this he turned to his right and walked 12 m. How far and in which directions is now Jayant from X?
a) 32 m, South
b) 47 m, East
c) 42 m, North
d) 27 m, South
10) Sarika starts her trip by walking 7√2 km towards north-east direction. She then turns 45o in clockwise direction and walks for 7 km. From there, she takes a right turn and walks for next 7 km. Find the shortest distance from her starting point to her current position.
a) 7 km
b) 7√2 km
c) 14 km
d) Cannot be determined
1) Answer: B)
According to the question:
[(3x – 2y) + x + y]/3 = 16
(4x – y) = 48 ……. (1)
x – y = 3 …….. (2)
From (1) and (2):
3x = 45
x = 15 and y = 12
Required ratio = x: y = 15: 12 = 5: 4
2) Answer: C)
3) Answer: B)
Conclusion II follows
4) Answer: D)
Only the word “BATCHES” cannot be formed using the letters of the given word.
5) Answer: D)
LANTERN can’t be formed as it contains the letter E & an extra N, TENURE can’t be formed as it contains the letter E and ARTIST can’t be formed as it contains the letter S.
6) Answer: B)
17 @ 25 = 68
(17 / 25) × 100 = 68%
87 @ 116 = 75
(87 / 116) × 100 = 75%
23 @ 115
(23 / 115) × 100 = 20%
7) Answer: B)
On interchanging – and ÷ signs, we get,
LHS = 8 + 18 ÷ 3 X 6 – 42 = 8 + 6 X 6 – 42
= 8 + 36 – 42 = 44 – 42 = 2 = RHS
8) Answer: B)
The spouse of Nalini’s mother is Nalini’s father whose mother-in-law is Nalini’s maternal grandmother whose husband’s granddaughter must be Nalini’s cousin.
9) Answer: A)
Required distance = 20 +12 =32 m in south direction
10) Answer: C)