Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) The Gita Govinda is a work composed by the 12th-century Hindu poet___________.
2) Which among the following is the first communication satellite launched by India?
3) Grey revolution of India is related to increased production of___________.
4) Constituent Assembly of India was founded in which of the following year?
5) Which Indian movie won the ‘Best Movie Award’ in Filmfare Awards 2020?
a) Baaghi 3
d) Gully Boy
6) Which among the following is a landlocked country in South-America?
7) Sound waves cannot travel through which of the following medium?
8) Which among the following state is not a part of ‘The Seven Sister States’?
9) Pattachitra style of painting is one of the oldest and most popular art forms of________.
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
10) Which one of the following is a ‘Maharatna’ company?
a) Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
b) Engineers India Limited (EIL)
c) National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
d) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
1) Answer: B
The Gita Govinda is a work composed by the 12th-century Hindu poet, Jayadeva. It describes the relationship between Krishna and the gopis of Vrindavana, and in particular one gopi named Radha.
2) Answer: A
The Ariane Passenger Payload Experiment (APPLE) was ISRO’s first indigenous, experimental communication satellite. It was launched into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit by the third development flight of ESA’a Ariane vehicle from Kourou on June 19, 1981.
3) Answer: B
Grey revolution is related to increased fertilizer production. It is basically associated with the mal effects of the green revolution of India focusing on what can happen if the new agricultural equipment turns things wrong.
4) Answer: D
The Constituent Assembly of India was elected to write the Constitution of India. The Assembly met for the first time in New Delhi on 9 December 1946, and its last session was held on 24 January 1950.
5) Answer: D
Gully Boy won the ‘Best Movie Award’ in Filmfare Awards 2020. Gully Boy won 13 awards at the ceremony, the most for a single film in a year, breaking the record of Black, which won 11 awards in 2006.
6) Answer: A
A country is considered landlocked when it is surrounded on all sides by one or more other countries and therefore has no direct access to a coastline providing access to the oceans.Paraguay and Bolivia are two landlocked countries in South America.
7) Answer: D
Sound waves need to travel through a medium such as a solid, liquid, or gas. Thus, they cannot travel through a vacuum which is an area without any air, like space.
8) Answer: A
North East India comprises of seven states commonly known as the “Seven Sisters”. They are Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
9) Answer: B
Pattachitra is a general term for traditional, cloth-based scroll painting. It is one of the ancient artworks of Odisha, originally created for ritual use and as souvenirs for pilgrims to Puri, as well as other temples in Odisha.
10) Answer: A
Steel Authority of India Limited is an Indian state-owned steel making company based in New Delhi, India. It is a maharatna company owned and operated by the Government of India.