Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Who among the following was the president of the Congress-Khilafat Swaraj party which was laid down in 1923?
a) Motilal Nehru
b) Mahatma Gandhi
c) Chittaranjan Das
d) Narsimha Chintaman Kelkar
2) Who among the following is the current Chief Minister of Gujarat?
a) Arvind Kejriwal
b) Vijaybhai R. Rupani
c) Pema Khandu
d) Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan
3) Which disease is caused due to the deficiency of Vitamin D?
4) Name the deepest layer of the Sun that we can observe directly?
5) Who among the following is the CEO of Nokia?
a) Garo H. Armen
b) Devin Wenig
c) Pekka Lundmark
d) Mark Hurd
6) Silent Valley National Park, one of the most ecologically diverse areas on the planet is in_________.
b) Madhya Pradesh
7) Who calculated National income of India for the first time?
a) Gulzarilal Nanda
b) Lal Bahadur Shastri
c) Chaudhary Charan Singh
d) Dadabhai Naoroji
8) Grammy Award, is given in which of the following field?
d) Science and Technology
9) The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), India’s premier nuclear research facility is headquartered in which state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh
10) What is the salary of the Vice-President of India?
1) Answer: C
The Swaraj Party was established as the Congress-Khilafat Swaraj Party. It was a political party formed in India in January 1923. It was inspired by the concept of Swaraj which means “independence” or “self-rule.” The two most important leaders were Chittaranjan Das, who was its president and Motilal Nehru, who was its secretary.
2) Answer: B
Vijay Rupani is an Indian politician from the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is serving as Chief Minister of Gujarat since 7 August 2016, and is a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly representing Rajkot West.
3) Answer: A
Rickets is a condition that results in weak or soft bones in children. It is caused due to the deficiency of Vitamin D.
4) Answer: C
The lowest layer of the sun’s atmosphere is the photosphere. It is the deepest layer of the Sun that we can observe directly.
5) Answer: C
Pekka Lundmark is a Finnish business executive and current President and CEO of Nokia. Previously, he had served as CEO of Fortum, a Finnish state-owned energy company, from 2015 to July 2020.
6) Answer: A
Silent Valley National Park is a national park in Kerala, India. It is located in the Nilgiri hills. This national park has some rare species of flora and fauna.
7) Answer: D
The first attempt to calculate national income of India was made by Dadabhai Naoroji in 1867- 68, who estimated per-capita income to be Rs. 20.
8) Answer: A
The Grammy Award is an award presented by the Recording Academy to recognize achievements in the music industry. The first Grammy Awards ceremony was held on May 4, 1959.
9) Answer: D
The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is India’s premier nuclear research facility, headquartered in Trombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra. BARC’s core mandate is to sustain peaceful applications of nuclear energy, primarily for power generation.
10) Answer: A
There is no provision for the salary of the Vice President of India in that capacity. He or she receives a salary in the capacity as the ex officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha which is currently Rs. 400,000 per month.