Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) _______________, a peptide hormone is the first genetically engineered pharmaceutical product developed by Eli Lily and company in the year 1982.
c) Human Insulin
2) The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through which of the following Indian states?
3) _________________ is used to separate a mixture of organic solids with the help of suitable solvent.
a) Reverse osmosis
4) Gautama Buddha attained Nirvana at which of the following places?
c) Bodh Gaya
5) Which of the following leaders led the foundation of Independent Labour Party?
a) Rajendra Prasad
b) B R Ambedkar
c) C. Rajagopalachari
d) Mahatma Gandhi
6) The Indirasagar Dam is built across which of the following river?
7) Which of the following is not a measure to control inflation, which is a rate at which the general level of prices for goods and services is rising and, consequently, the purchasing power of currency is falling.
a) Monetary Measures
b) Fiscal Measures
c) Divestment Measures
d) Price Control
8) According to which article there shall be a “President” in India?
a) Article 52
b) Article 34
c) Article 78
d) Article 65
9) Which of the following countries along with Japan hold the largest proportion of shares in Asian Development Bank?
d) United States
10) Which of the following is the correct SI unit of the thermodynamic temperature?
1) Answer: C
Human Insulin, a peptide hormone is the first genetically engineered pharmaceutical product developed by Eli Lily and company in the year 1982.
Human insulin is the name which describes synthetic insulin which is laboratory grown to mimic the insulin in humans.
It was developed through the 1960s and 1970s and approved for pharmaceutical use in 1982.Before human insulin was developed animal insulin, usually a purified form of porcine (pork) insulin, was used.
2) Answer: D
In India Tropic of Cancer passes through 8 States: Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Tripura and Mizoram.
4) Answer: C
Crystallization is a chemical solid – liquid separation technique, in which mass transfer of a solute from the liquid solution to a pure solid crystalline phase occurs.
It is used to separate a mixture of organic solids with the help of suitable solvent.
Crystallization occurs in two major steps. The first is nucleation, the appearance of a crystalline phase from either a supercooled liquid or a supersaturated solvent. The second step is known as crystal growth, which is the increase in the size of particles and leads to a crystal state.
Reverse Osmosis- It is a semipermeable membrane to remove ions, molecules and larger particles from drinking water.
Centrifugation- application of centrifugal force to separate particles from a solution according to their size, shape, density, viscosity of the medium and rotor speed.
Distillation- purifying a liquid by a process of heating and cooling.
5) Answer: C
Gautam Buddha was born at Lumbini, Kapilvastu in 563 BC. At the age of 35 years, Gautam Buddha attained Nirvana (or enlightenment) under a Pipal tree at Bodh Gaya on the bank of river Niranjana
6) Answer: B
The Indirasagar Dam is a multipurpose project of Madhya Pradesh on the Narmada River at Narmada nagar, Mundi in the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh in India.
7) Answer: C
The different measures used for controlling inflation, which is a rate at which the general level of prices for goods and services is rising and, consequently, the purchasing power of currency is falling.
Monetary Measure- several measures and formulates policies to control economic activities.
Fiscal Measures- government revenue and government expenditure
Price Control- preventing any further rise in the prices of goods and services.
Divestment – Reduction of asset for financial, ethical, or political objectives or sale of an existing business by a firm.
8) Answer: A
Article 52 of constitution of India -“President of India. It says that there shall be a President of India.
9) Answer: D
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in Manila, Philippines.
It is an international development finance institution dedicated to reducing poverty in Asia and the Pacific
It consists of 48 developing and developed members within Asia and the Pacific region, and 19 members from outside the region.
Japan and United States Japan hold the largest proportion of shares in Asian Development Bank i.e. 15.6%., followed by China.
10) Answer: C
The kelvin, unit of thermodynamic temperature, is the fraction 1/273.16 of the thermodynamic temperature of the triple point of water.