Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) The component of force acting on a body in curvilinear motion that is directed toward the centre of curvature or axis of rotation is called?
a) Circular force
b) Centripetal force
c) Centrifugal force
d) Rotation force
2) ___________is the method involving creating written or generated codes that allow information to be kept secret, it also includes encoding and decoding of data.
b) Cloud Computing
3) Which of the following is/are true about Secondary Memory?
i) It is non-volatile
ii) it is directly accessible by the CPU
iii) Hard drives are considered secondary storage
Choose the correct options below:
a) Only i
b) Both ii and iii
c) Both i and iii
d) All are correct
4) The World First Aid Day, an annual campaign to promote the importance of first aid training in preventing injuries and saving lives is celebrated on ____________.
a) 8th September
b) 11th July
c) 16th October
d) 19th November
5) Which of the following is not a method of calculating national income?
a) Value Added method
b) Income method
c) Consumption method
d) Expenditure method
6) Which of the following five years plans was extended by six months by the Finance Ministry, to give time to ministries to complete their appraisals?
7) Rohinton Baria Trophy is associated with which sport?
8) The book ‘Environmentalism: A Global History’ has been written by______________.
a) Khushwant Singh
b) Mulk Raj Anand
c) Ramachandra Guha
d) Amrita Pritam
9) Who has authored the book ‘A Life in Diplomacy’?
a) Duvvuri Subbarao
b) Maharaja Krishna Rasgotra
c) KP Mathur
d) Rana Ayyub
10) Who among the following was the first person to receive Jnanpith award, an Indian literary award presented annually to an author for their “outstanding contribution towards literature”.
a) Mihir Sen
b) Saifuddin Kitchlew
c) G. Sankara Kurup
d) R.K Narayan
1) Answer: B)
Centripetal force is a force that acts on a body moving in a circular path and is directed towards the centre around which the body is moving.
2) Answer: D)
Cryptography involves creating written or generated codes that allow information to be kept secret. Cryptography converts data into a format that is unreadable for an unauthorized user, allowing it to be transmitted without unauthorized entities decoding it back into a readable format, thus compromising the data.
3) Answer: C)
Secondary storage refers to storage devices and media that are not constantly accessible by a computer system. Examples include external hard drives, portable flash drives, CDs, and DVDs.
4) Answer: A)
The World First Aid Day is celebrated on 8th of September every year. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) introduced World First Aid Day in 2000. It is an annual campaign to promote the importance of first aid training in preventing injuries and saving lives.
11th July-World Population Day
16th October-World Food Day
19th November-World Citizen Day
5) Answer: C)
The three alternative methods used for measuring national income are as follows:
1) Value Added Method
2) Income Method
3) Expenditure Method.
6) Answer: C)
The Finance Ministry extended the period for 12th five-year Plan which ends on March 31 by six months, thus giving time to ministries to complete their appraisals for schemes with financial implication of more than Rs 500 crore, the financial advisors may prepare a list of all such schemes, which the ministry/department is proposing for continuation beyond 12th Five Year Plan.
The 12th five-year plan aims at average GDP growth rate of 8% It seeks to achieve 4% growth in agricultural sector. It aims at reducing head-count poverty by 10%.
7) Answer: B)
The All-India Inter-University Cricket Championship held for the Rohinton Baria Gold Trophy (or simply, Rohinton Baria Trophy) is India’s premier inter-university cricket tournament. It has been contested annually since the 1935/36 season.
8) Answer: C)
Ramachandra Guha, an acclaimed historian of the environment is author of the book ‘Environmentalism: A Global History’. It draws on many years of research in three continents. He details the major trends, ideas, campaigns and thinkers within the environmental movement worldwide
9) Answer: B)
Former Indian diplomat Maharaja Krishna Rasgotra wrote the book ‘A Life in Diplomacy’. It is an insider’s account of the personalities and policies that shaped Indian diplomacy. The book provides a ringside view of the beginnings of ethnic violence in Sri Lanka, the last years of the Cold War, the negotiations on the formation of SAARC, Indira Gandhi’s assassination and the Bhopal gas disaster.
10) Answer: C)
In year 1965, G. Sankara Kurup for his great contribution in Malayalam literature better known as Mahakavi G (The Great Poet G), was the first winner of the Jnanpith Award, India’s highest literary award.
The Award was instituted in the year 1961. It is presented annually by the Bhartiya Jnanpith to an author for their “outstanding contribution towards literature”. Instituted in 1961, the award is bestowed only on Indian writers writing in Indian languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India and English, with no posthumous conferral.