Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, a country-wide campaign was initiated by the Government of India in which year?
2) What is full form of OLED?
a) Organic Light Emitted Diode
b) Organic Light Emitting Diode
c) Organ Light Emitting Diode
d) Original Light Emitting Diode
3) What is the theme of the ‘World Environment Day’ 2020?
a) “Beat Air Pollution”.
b) “Time for Nature”
c) “Beat Plastic Pollution”
d) “Go wild for life
4) Veto power is in the hands of how many countries?
5) Aryabhata, India’s first satellite was launched in which year?
6) Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on_________.
a) 15 January, 2017
b) 22 January, 2015
c) 11 January, 2014
d) 31 January, 2018
7) Which is the cleanest city in India according to India’s cleanest cities 2020 list?
8) Who among the following is the founder of Facebook?
a) Doug McMillon
b) Mark Zuckerberg
c) Elon Musk
d) Jack Dorsey
9) Tarapur atomic power station, India’s first nuclear power plant is located in________.
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
10) The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), an independent agency was established in_______.
1) Answer: A
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan campaign was launched on 2 October 2014 on birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. It aimed to eradicate open defecation by 2 October 2019, the 150th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi.
2) Answer: B
OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) is a flat light emitting technology, made by placing a series of organic thin films between two conductors. When electrical current is applied, a bright light is emitted.
3) Answer: B
World Environment Day (WED) is celebrated on 5 June every year.The theme for World Environment Day 2020 is, ‘Time for Nature,’ with a focus on its role in providing the essential infrastructure that supports life on Earth and human development.
4) Answer: C
The United Nations Security Council “veto power” refers to the power of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council (China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States) to veto any “substantive” resolution.
5) Answer: C
Aryabhata was India’s first satellite which was named after the famous Indian astronomer. It was launched on 19 April 1975 and was built by the ISRO.
6) Answer: B
Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao is a campaign of the Government of India that aims to generate awareness and improve the efficiency of welfare services intended for girls in India. It was launched on 22nd January, 2015 at Panipat, Haryana.
7) Answer: B
According to India’s cleanest cities 2020 list, Indore has emerged as the cleanest city in the country. It has grabbed the prestigious Swachh Survekshan award for four times in a row.
8) Answer: B
Facebook is an American technology conglomerate based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg.
9) Answer: C
The Tarapur Atomic Power Station (TAPS) located near Boisar, Maharashtra, is the oldest nuclear power plant in India. It is owned and operated by the state-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NCPIL).
10) Answer: A
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and space research. It was established in 1958.