Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences is located in which city?
2) Which among the following is not anti-virus software?
3) Derby Trophy is associated with which of the following sport?
4) Which of the following article of the Indian constitution is associated with the election of the President?
a) Article 55
b) Article 65
c) Article 51
d) Article 54
5) Which one of the following is not a Peninsular River?
6) Which of the following river originates from Mahabaleshwar?
7) The ‘Pattachitra’ style of painting is one of the oldest and most popular art forms of which Indian state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Madhya Pradesh
8) The First Session of the first Lok Sabha commenced in which of the following year?
9) Which of the following unit is used to measure the speed of modem printers?
a) Characters per min (cpm)
b) Lines per min (lpm)
c) Pages per min (ppm)
d) Words per min (wpm)
10) Border between India and Bhutan adjoins how many Indian states?
1) Answer: A
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a premier medical institution located in Bengaluru, India.
2) Answer: B
All of the above options are anti-virus software except Linux. Linux is the best-known and most-used open source operating system.
3) Answer: D
Derby Trophy is associated with Horse-Racing.
4) Answer: D
Article 54 of Constitution of India is associated with the “Election of President”. The President shall be elected by the members of an electoral college consisting of the elected members of both Houses of Parliament; and the elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of the States.
5) Answer: B
The Alaknanda is a Himalayan river in the Indian state of Uttarakhand and one of the two headstreams of the Ganges, the major river of Northern India and the holy river of Hinduism.
6) Answer: A
Mahabaleshwar is the source of the Krishna River that flows across Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
7) Answer: D
Pattachitra style of painting is one of the oldest and most popular art forms of Odisha. The name Pattachitra has evolved from the Sanskrit words patta, meaning canvas, and chitra, meaning picture.
8) Answer: A
The First Lok Sabha was constituted on 17 April 1952 after India’s first general election. The 1st Lok Sabha lasted its full tenure of five years and was dissolved on 4 April 1957. First Session of this Lok Sabha commenced on 13 May 1952.
9) Answer: C
The speed of early printers was measured in units of characters per minute (cpm) for character printers, or lines per minute (lpm) for line printers. Modern printers are measured in pages per minute (ppm).
10) Answer: B
The Bhutan–India border is the international border separating Bhutan and India. The border is 699 km long, and adjoins the Indian states of Assam (267 km), Arunachal Pradesh (217 km), West Bengal (183 km), and Sikkim (32 km).