Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) A whole division of Rig Veda is a collection of dedicated Sukto to one of the following –
2) In the Besnagar Columns, who among the following is said to be Bhagwat-
3) The Hirakud Project controls the flow of which river?
4) Which of these minerals is famous for Jaipur?
- Red stone
5) The unit of atmospheric pressure is –
6) Which of the following is Shyam Bainagal’s first film-
7) The famous dance of Kerala is-
- All of these
8) Where is the headquarters of the International Red Cross?
- New York
9) What is the name of the currency of Iran-
10) When India became independent on 15th August 1947 and on 26th January 1950 when he declared himself a dominated democratic Republic, during which period the Government of India continued to work under its provisions?
- Government of India Act, 1935
- Indian Independence Act, 1947
- India (Interim Constitution) Order, 1947
- All of these
1) Answer: B
The ninth division of Rigveda is a collection of Sukts dedicated to Som, which was composed by PavmanAngira Rishi.
2) Answer: C
Archaeological evidence also reveals the popularity of Bhagwat religion. The first stone related to BhagwatreligionThe monument is the Garud Sambh of Besnagar. This shows that the Heliodorus of Takshshila, the ambassador of Bhagwat Dharma Eclipse and established this Stambhand worshiped him. In the engraved article, ‘Heliodorus’ is called Bhagwat and Vasudev is called Devdevas.
3) Answer: B
The multi-purpose Hirakud Dam across the river Mahanadi was constructed for flood control, irrigation and power generation. Hirakud Dam is a composite structure of earth, concrete and masonary.
4) Answer: A
The State is also an important producer of marble of various shades. Makrana area is the world famous centre for marble mining. More than 85% of the country’s potash, wollastonite, lead & zinc and silver resources are located in Rajasthan.
5) Answer: D
‘Bar’ is the unit of atmospheric pressure. ‘Newton’ is the force of force, while ‘watt’ is a measure of power.
6) Answer: A
Shyam Benegal (born 14 December 1934) is an Indian director and screenwriter. The commercial success of Benegal’s first feature, Ankur (1974; “The Seedling”), a realistic drama set in rural Andhra Pradesh, marked the coming of age of the parallel cinema movement.
7) Answer: C
Kathakali is a traditional Indian dance native to the southern state of Kerala.
8) Answer: A
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian institution based in Geneva, Switzerland.
9) Answer: B
Currency: Iranian rial
President: Hassan Rouhani
Prime minister: Ali Khamenei
10) Answer: A
Under the Indian Independence Act, 1947, it was arranged that the Constituent Assembly would act as a new constitution and act as Legislature under the 1935 Act.