Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Who among the following was not a member of the Drafting Committee of Indian Constitution?
a) Rajendra Prasad
b) Gopalachari Ayyanagar
c) B.R Ambedkar
d) Alladi Krishnaswamy
2) UDAN Scheme was launched in which year with the objective of “letting the common citizen of the country fly”?
3) Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited is located in which of the following location?
d) Both a and b
4) The first Land Development bank in India was set up at which of the following location?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh
5) Which one of the following is the first biosphere reserve of India that was set up in the year 1986?
a) Nokrek Biosphere reserve
b) Nilgiri Biosphere reserve
c) Great Nicobar Biosphere reserve
d) Gulf of Mannar Biosphere reserve
6) Which of the following types of soil is mostly confined to the river basins and the coastal plains of India?
a) Black soil
b) Laterite soil
c) Red soil
d) Alluvial soil
7) Which of the following is highly viscous and deforming region of the upper mantle which lies just below the lithosphere?
8) Which of the following glacier is located where the Line of Control between India and Pakistan ends?
a) Siachen glacier
b) Hispar glacier
c) Baltoro glacier
d) Rongbuk glacier
9) Goods for which demand move in the opposite direction of the income of the consumer are called?
a) Inferior goods
b) Normal goods
c) Complementary goods
d) Substitute goods
10) The short run average cost curve is ____ shaped.
1) Answer: A
The Drafting Committee consisted of 7 members: Dr B R Ambedkar (Chairman), N Gopalaswami Ayengar, Alladi Krishnaswamy Ayyar, Dr K M Munshi, S.M. Saadullah, N Madhava Rau (replaced B L Mitter) and T.T. Krishnamachari (replaced D P Khaitan). Thus, Rajendra Prasad was not a member of the Drafting Committee of Indian Constitution.
2) Answer: D
UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik) is a regional airport development and “Regional Connectivity Scheme” (RCS) of Government of India launched in 2017 with the objective of “letting the common citizen of the country fly”, aimed at making air travel affordable and widespread, to boost inclusive national economic development, job growth and air transport infrastructure development of all regions and states of India.
3) Answer: D
For printing of notes, the Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL), a wholly owned company of the Government of India, has set up printing presses at Nashik, Maharashtra and Dewas, Madhya Pradesh.
4) Answer: C
The first Land Development Bank was started at Jhang in Punjab in 1920. Even though the first LDB was started in Punjab, the real progress began when the land development bank was established in Chennai in 1929.
5) Answer: B
The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve was the first biosphere reserve in India established in the year 1986. It is located in the Western Ghats and includes 2 of the 10 biogeographical provinces of India. Wide ranges of ecosystems and species diversity are found in this region.
6) Answer: D
Alluvial Soil is formed by accumulated sediments transferred by the rivers and rapids, thus, it is amongst the most fertile soils. It is a fine-grained fertile soil deposited in river beds or by water flowing over flood plains. They generally lack humus and nitrogen.
7) Answer: D
The asthenosphere is a highly viscous, mechanically weak and ductile, deforming region of the upper mantle which lies just below the lithosphere.The asthenosphere is the main source of magma and it is the layer over which the lithospheric plates/ continental plates move.
8) Answer: A
The Siachen Glacier is a glacier located in the eastern Karakoram range in the Himalayas just northeast of the point NJ9842 where the Line of Control between India and Pakistan ends.At 76 km long, it is the longest glacier in the Karakoram and second-longest in the world’s non-polar areas.
9) Answer: A
An inferior good is an economic term that describes a good whose demand drops when people’s incomes rise. This occurs when a good has more costly substitutes that see an increase in demand as incomes and the economy improve. Inexpensive foods like instant noodles, pizza, hamburger, frozen dinners, and canned goods are examples of inferior goods.
10) Answer: A
In the short run, the shape of the average total cost curve (ATC) is U-shaped. The, short run average cost curve falls in the beginning, reaches a minimum and then begins to rise. The reasons for the average cost to fall in the beginning of production are that the fixed factors of a firm remain the same.