Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Who has been chosen as the recipient of “2020 Gandhi award” instituted by Mahatma Gandhi National Foundation (MGNF)?
a) Sanjay Singh
b) Ram Nath Thakur
c) Mahendra Prasad
d) Manoj Jha
2) Which of the following illustration is an example of Non-Uniform Motion?
a) The Movement of hands of watches
b) The Movement of Earth about its axis
c) Free-falling stone under the action of gravity
d) The movement of Earth around the Sun
3) Which of the following systems of land-settlement adopted by English provided more protection to the interests of the farmers?
a) Ryotwari settlement of Madras
b) Malgujari settlement of United States
c) Permanent settlement of Bengal
d) Zamindari settlement of Madras
4) The Mughal painting reached its zenith during the reign of……………?
5) The Income Tax Act which is the charging statute of Income Tax extending to the whole of India was enacted in which year?
6) Which of the following express has the longest train route in India?
a) Himsagar Express
b) Silchar Superfast Express
c) Navyug Express
d) Vivek Express
7) Which of the following rivers of the Indian sub-continent covers the longest distance from its source to the sea into which it drains?
8) Which one of the following is commonly used for pulp bleaching in the paper industry?
a) Glucose Isomerase
b) Hydrogen Peroxide
c) Mixture of Iodine and Water
d) Mild Sulphuric acid
9) The disease Cirrhosis affects which of the following organ in the human body?
10) Which one of the following is the only site of Indus civilization that has been divided into three parts?
1) Answer: A
Sanjay Singh, Member of Parliament (MP) of Rajya Sabha and the leader of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has been chosen as the recipient of the “2020 Gandhi Award”. It was announced by Eby J Jose, Chairman of Mahatma Gandhi National Foundation (MGNF).
He was recognized with the award for being instrumental in the diplomatic intervention of India to remove the image of Mahatma Gandhi on the beer bottles of Malka brewery, an Israeli private company.
2) Answer: C
Non-Uniform motion is defined as the motion of an object in which the object travels with varied speed and it does not cover same distance in equal time intervals, irrespective of the time interval duration. Thus, free-falling stone under the action of gravity is an example of Non-Uniform Motion.
3) Answer: A
Ryotwari Settlement of Madras was the land settlement system adopted by the English to provide more protection to the interests of farmers. Under the Ryotwari System, settlement of land revenue was made directly between the government and the ryots the cultivator.
4) Answer: B
Mughal painting is a particular style of South Asian, particularly Indian, painting confined to miniatures either as book illustrations or as single works to be kept in album. It emerged from Persian miniature painting and developed in the court of the Mughal Empire during the reign of Jahangir.
5) Answer: D
The Income Tax Act is the charging statute of Income Tax, extending to the whole of India enacted in the year 1961. The Act provides for imposition, collection, administration and recovery of income tax.
6) Answer: D
Vivek Express covers the longest train route in India. It originates in northern Assam and goes all the way to the southern tip of India to Kanyakumari. It has the running time of 80 hours and 15 minutes and the distance covered is 4,233 kilometres.
7) Answer: A
The Ganges or Ganga is a trans-boundary river of the Indian subcontinent which flows through the nations of India and Bangladesh. The 2,525 km river rises in the western Himalayas in the Indian state of Uttarakhand and flows south and east through the Gangetic Plain of North India. It covers the longest distance from the source to the sea into which it drains.
8) Answer: B
Hydrogen peroxide is extensively used as a bleaching and oxidizing agent in the paper and pulp industry. Use of hydrogen peroxide helps to achieve a grade of brightness that is suitable for high-grade magazine papers, board, and tissue products.
9) Answer: C
Cirrhosis is a complication of liver disease that involves loss of liver cells and irreversible scarring of the liver. Alcohol and viral hepatitis B and C are common causes of cirrhosis. It can cause weakness, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin (jaundice), itching, and fatigue.
10) Answer: A
Dholavira is an archaeological site at Khadirbet in Bhachau Taluka of Kutch District, in the state of Gujarat in western India. It is the only site of the Indus civilization that has been divided into three parts.