Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) The plasma membrane of intestine is highly folded into microvilli. The main function of Microvilli is-
a) To increase its absorptive surface
b) For ageing of worn out cells
c) To secrete digestive enzymes
d) To help in blood circulation
2) The Provision of Federation was borrowed from the Constitution of which country while framing the Constitution of India?
3) Who among the following was the founder of the Bahmani Kingdom?
a) Firuz Shah Bahmani
b) Ahmad Shah I
c) Mahmud Gavan
d) Alauddin Hasan
4) Which of the following ruler of the Pala Empire patronised the great universities of Nalanda and Vikramashila?
5) Which of the following systems of land-settlement adopted by English provided more protection to the interests of the farmers?
a) Ryotwari settlement of Madras
b) Malgujari settlement of United States
c) Permanent settlement of Bengal
d) Zamindari settlement of Madras
6) What is the total budget allocation for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) in 2020-21?
a) Rs. 27,500 crores
b) Rs. 34,199 crores
c) Rs. 29,500 crores
d) Rs. 25,328 crores
7) Which one of the following is the only site of the Indus civilization with no citadel?
8) Anaemic condition in humans occurs due to the deficiency of …….?
9) During the fermentation of sugar, the compound which is always formed is…………?
a) Acetic acid
c) Ethyl Alcohol
d) Methyl Alcohol
10) Which of the following type of memory can be erased with the help of the ultraviolet rays?
1) Answer: A
Microvilli are microscopic cellular membrane protrusions that increase the surface area for diffusion and minimize any increase in volume, and are involved in a wide variety of functions, including absorption, secretion, cellular adhesion, and mechanotransduction.
2) Answer: D
The provisions of a Federation with a strong centre, residuary powers of the Centre, appointment of State governors by the Centre and the advisory jurisdiction of the Supreme Court, have all been borrowed from the Canadian constitution.
3) Answer: D
The Bahmani Sultanate was a Persianate Muslim state of the Deccan in South India and one of the major medieval Indian kingdoms. The Bahmani Kingdom was founded by Alauddin Bahman Shah in the 1347 AD. With its capital at Gulbarga and later Bidar a total of eighteen Sultans ruled over this kingdom.
4) Answer: C
Dharmapala was the second ruler of the Pala Empire of Bengal region in the Indian Subcontinent. He was the son and successor of Gopala, the founder of the Pala Dynasty. Dharmapala was a great patron of Buddhism. He revived the Nalanda University and founded the Vikramshila University which later evolved into a great learning centre of Buddhism.
5) Answer: A
Ryotwari Settlement of Madras was the land settlement system adopted by the English to provide more protection to the interests of farmers. Under the Ryotwari System, settlement of land revenue was made directly between the government and the ryots the cultivator.
6) Answer: A
PMAY-U is an affordable housing scheme being implemented from 2015 to 2022. It seeks to help the central government achieve its target of ‘housing for all target’ by 2022. Total budget allocation for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) in 2020-21 IS Rs. 27,500 crores.
7) Answer: A
Chanhudaro is an archaeological site belonging to the post-urban Jhukar phase of Indus Valley Civilization. The site is located 130 kilometres south of Mohenjo-daro, in Sindh, Pakistan. It is the only Indus site with no citadel.
8) Answer: A
Anaemia is a decrease in the total amount of red blood cells (RBCs) or haemoglobin in the blood, or a lowered ability of the blood to carry oxygen.The three main types of anaemia are due to blood loss, decreased red blood cell production, and increased red blood cell breakdown.
9) Answer: C
Fermentation is the transformation of a sugary solution into alcohol, through the action of yeasts. The yeast actually consumes the sugar and produces carbon dioxide, alcohol and heat as by-products. During the fermentation of sugar, ethyl alcohol is always formed as a by-product.
10) Answer: B
EPROM (erasable programmable read-only memory) is programmable read-only memory (programmable ROM) that can be erased and reused. Erasure is caused by shining an intense ultraviolet light through a window that is designed into the memory chip.