Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) What is the rank of Indian Railways in the world in terms of size of the railroad network?
2) Which of the following device converts low-voltage alternating current into high-voltage alternating current?
3) “Atal-Tunnel” , world’s longest highway tunnel was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in which state?
a) Himachal Pradesh
4) A Javelin or shot-put thrown by an athlete moving along a curved path possesses which type of motion?
a) Rectilinear Motion
b) Oscillatory Motion
c) Curvilinear Motion
d) Rotatory Motion
5) Which of the following method can be employed to test the Hardness of Water?
c) Formation of lather with soap
6) Which of the following is used as a non-stick coating for the cooking utensils?
7) What is the normal resting heart rate range for adults in beats/min?
a) 50 to 80
b) 120 to 150
c) 75 to 120
d) 60 to 100
8) Which of the three R’s are environment friendly and should be employed to preserve the environment?
a) Random, Reduce, Recall
b) Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
c) Reduce, Rebuilt, Recycle
d) Rebuilt, Reduce, Reuse
9) Which among the following archaeologists discovered the Harappa site of the Indus Valley civilization?
a) S.R Rao
b) Daya Ram Sahni
c) R.S Bist
d) J.P Joshi
10) What is the total budget allocation for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) in 2020-21?
a) Rs. 27,500 crores
b) Rs. 34,199 crores
c) Rs. 29,500 crores
d) Rs. 25,328 crores
1) Answer: C
Indian Railways (IR) is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth largest railway network in the world by size, with 121,407 kilometres of total track over a 67,368-kilometre route.
2) Answer: D
A transformer is a static device which transfers electrical energy from one circuit to another through the process of electromagnetic induction. It is a device that converts low-voltage alternating current into high-voltage alternating current.
3) Answer: A
Atal Tunnel also known as Rohtang Tunnel is a highway tunnel built under the Rohtang Pass in the eastern Pir Panjal range of the Himalayas on the Leh-Manali Highway in Himachal Pradesh, India. It is the longest tunnel above 10,000 feet in the world and is named after former Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
4) Answer: C
The motion of an object moving in a curved path is called curvilinear motion. The Javelin or shot-put thrown by an athlete moves along a curved path and thus possesses curvilinear motion.
5) Answer: C
Hardness of water is due to calcium and magnesium ions. Sodium salts dissolve in water and hence lather is formed. When soap is added to hard water, calcium and magnesium ions replaces sodium (or potassium) ions in the soap and gets precipitated hence lather formation is hindered. Thus, this method can be employed to test the hardness of water.
6) Answer: A
Teflon is a waxy, opaque material employed as a coating on cooking utensils and in industrial applications to prevent sticking.
7) Answer: D
Heart rate, also known as pulse, is the number of times a person’s heart beats per minute. Normal heart rate varies from person to person, but a normal range for adults is 60 to 100 beats per minute.
8) Answer: B
The three R’s are “Reduce” which means using fewer resources in the first place. This is the most effective of the three Rs and the place to begin. Second R means to Reuse. Reusing keeps new resources from being used for a while longer, and old resources from entering the waste stream and the third R means Recycling.
9) Answer: B
Harappa is an archaeological site in Punjab, Pakistan, about 24 km west of Sahiwal situated on the bank of River Ravi. It was excavated by Daya Ram Sahni in 1921-1923.
10) Answer: A
PMAY-U is an affordable housing scheme being implemented from 2015 to 2022. It seeks to help the central government achieve its target of ‘housing for all target’ by 2022. Total budget allocation for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) in 2020-21 IS Rs. 27,500 crores.