Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Which of the following is the human source of methane emission which is one of the six greenhouse gases in the Kyoto Protocol?
a) Fossil fuel production
b) Biomass Burning
d) Both a and b
2) When diamond is heated at more than 1500 Degree Celsius in the absence of air, then it turns to………….?
3) Which of the following operation is performed automatically when we turn on the computer?
4) What is the outlay proposed for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana for five years?
a) 40,000 crore
b) 60,000 crore
c) 50,000 crore
d) 90,000 crore
5) Which one of the following is the junction point of the Eastern Ghats and Western Ghats?
a) Anamalai Hills
b) Nilgiri Hills
c) Ashambu Hills
d) Palani Hills
6) The concept of a 5 – year plan was borrowed into our Constitution from which of the following country?
7) The Hindu Widows Remarriage act was enacted in which of the following year?
8) The procedure of Amendment of the Constitution and election of members of Rajya Sabha is borrowed from the constitution of which country?
9) Who among the following founded the Pala Empire which was a Buddhist supreme power in ancient India?
10) Which among the following is the only Indus site where the remains of the horse have been actually found?
1) Answer: D
Methane is a naturally occurring organic compound, but human activity has increased the amount of this potent greenhouse gas that goes into the atmosphere. The largest human source is from the production, distribution and combustion of fossil fuels. This creates 33% of human methane emissions. Incomplete burning of biomass creates methane emissions. Huge amounts can get produced during large scale burning. This creates 11% of human methane emissions.
2) Answer: D
Diamond is a crystal modification of carbon. Heating diamond to about 900 degrees Celsius in the presence of air, diamond will burn into CO2 whereas heating it to 1500 degrees C in the absence of air, it turns into graphite.
3) Answer: C
In computing, booting is starting up a computer or computer appliance until it can be used. It can be initiated by hardware such as a button press or by a software command. When we start our Computer then there is an operation which is performed automatically by the Computer which is called as Booting.
4) Answer: C
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ in a focused manner with end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities. PMKSY has been approved for implementation across the country with an outlay of Rs. 50,000 crore in five years.
5) Answer: B
The Eastern Ghats join the Western Ghats at the Nilgiri hills, and the highest point is Doddabetta which is one of the highest peaks of the Nilgiri mountain range. It stands at a staggering height of 8650 feet.
6) Answer: D
The First five-year plan was launched in the year 1951. The concept of five-year plan in India is derived from Russia (then USSR). India has launched 12 five-year plans so far.
7) Answer: C
The Hindu Widows’ Remarriage Act was enacted on 26 July 1856 that legalised the remarriage of Hindu widows in all jurisdictions of India under East India Company rule.
8) Answer: C
The procedure of Amendment of the Constitution and election of members of Rajya Sabha is borrowed from the constitution of South-Africa.
9) Answer: A
The Pala Empire was an imperial power during the Late Classical period on the Indian subcontinent, which originated in the region of Bengal (modern-day Bangladesh and West Bengal).The Empire was founded with the election of Gopala as the emperor of Gauda in 750 CE.
10) Answer: B
Surkotada is an archaeological site located in Rapar Taluka of Kutch district, Gujarat, India which belongs to the Indus Valley Civilisation. It is the only Indus site where the remains of horse have been found.