Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of General Knowledge Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Which among the following sultanate ruler died in 1210 while playing Chaugan?
a) Mohammad bin Qasim
c) Shamsuddin Iltutmish
d) Qutubuddin Aibak
2) Union Budget-2020 laid down how many action plans for Agriculture, Irrigation and Rural Development?
3) Which one of the following is the highest peak in Western Ghats and South-India?
a) Mullayanagiri Peak
b) Anamudi Peak
c) Doddabetta Peak
d) Sonsogor Peak
4) Which of the following word was added into the Preamble of the Constitution by the 42nd Amendment Act, 1976?
d) Both a and b
5) Spoon appears to be bending in a beaker full of water. This happens due to which of the following phenomenon?
6) The two metal ions that cause hardness to water are……………?
a) Calcium and Magnesium
b) Sodium and Magnesium
c) Magnesium and Sulphur
d) Sodium and Chlorine
7) Mahatma Gandhi was first arrested during ‘Satyagraha’ in which of the following year?
8) Consider the following statements regarding Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana-
1) It aims to reduce premium burden on the farmers
2) It will be administered under Ministry of Agriculture and farmers’ welfare
3) It was unveiled by PM Narendra Modi in the year 2016
Which of the above statements are correct?
a) Only 1 and 2
b) Only 2
c) Both 1 and 2
d) All 1, 2 and 3
9) India has planned to build 100-bedded Cancer Hospital and 22,000 seater cricket stadium in which country?
10) Chakravarthi Rangarajan, has been conferred with the first Prof. PC Mahalanobis Award. He is the former governor of______?
1) Answer: d)
Qutb-ud-din Aibak, who was a general at Muhammad Ghori’s Delhi Sultanate, died as a result of a fall from his horse while playing Chaugan in 1210.
2) Answer: c)
FM Nirmala Sitharaman Proposed 16-Point Action Plan to Boost Agriculture, Irrigation and Rural
Development in Budget 2020-21.
3) Answer: b)
Anamudi is a mountain located in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the highest peak in the Western Ghats and South India, at an elevation of 2,695 metres. It is the highest point in India south of Himalayas. Thus, it is known as “Everest of South India”.
4) Answer: d)
The 42nd amendment to Constitution of India, officially known as The Constitution Forty – second Amendment Act, 1976, was enacted during the Emergency (25 June 1975 – 21 March 1977) by the Indian National Congress government headed by Indira Gandhi. The 42nd Amendment amended Preamble and changed the description of India from “sovereign democratic republic” to a “sovereign, socialist secular democratic republic” thus adding the word Socialist to the Preamble.
5) Answer: c)
A spoon looks bent in water because of a phenomenon called refraction. When light enters water, it cannot move as fast as it does in air. As light enters water at an angle, it bends away from its original path, and this makes the spoon look bent.
6) Answer: a)
Hardness is defined as the concentrations of calcium and magnesium ions expressed in terms of calcium carbonate.The Hardness in water is caused by the presence of dissolved calcium (Ca 2+) and magnesium (Mg 2+) ions.
7) Answer: b)
On 10 January 1908 Mahatma Gandhi was arrested for the first time in South Africa for refusing to carry an obligatory identity document card commonly known as the ‘pass’. Gandhi was released in February after negotiations with the government.
8) Answer: d)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the new scheme Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) on 13th January, 2016.This scheme will help in decreasing the burden of premiums on farmers who take loans for their cultivation and will also safeguard them against the inclement weather. The scheme will be administered under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India.
9) Answer: c)
India will build a 100-bedded cancer hospital and a 22,000-seater cricket stadium in Maldives, under the USD 800 million Line of Credit (LoC) that was extended to the country last year, according to the Indian Embassy in Maldives on 30 September, 2020. It will benefit both the visitors and residents.
10) Answer: c)
Former Reserve Bank of India governor Chakravarthi Rangarajan, has been conferred with the first Prof. P C Mahalanobis Award in Official Statistics for lifetime achievements on the occasion of the National Statistics Day on 29 June 2020, by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
He received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution in providing solutions in the issues related to the estimation of national income.