Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of English Language Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
Direction (1-5): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
1) Three summons have been (a)/ issued by the district court (b)/ but he has not turned up yet. (c)/ No Error (d)
2) Her aunt didn’t (a)/ give me (b)/ a minute of peace. (c)/ No Error (d)
3) Aayushi has come (a)/ here to do a master (b)/ degree in Social Work. (c)/ No Error (d)
4) There is no money in (a)/ the bank in Rajesh’s and (b)/ Reena’s joint account. (c)/ No Error (d)
5) This master book concludes with pages (a)/ that contain lists of all (b)/ MBA colleges across India. (c)/ No Error (d)
Direction (6-10): In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
6) The man felt _____ when he got to know that he had been cheated.
7) The chairman _____ the company’s funds, so he was dismissed.
8) Rohan yelled _____ her and she hastily retreated.
9) He stood _____ Ankita, but could not utter a single word for quite some time.
10) We are all accountable _____ team leader for our work on this project.
1) Answer: A
It should be “summonses” in place of “summons” because summons is a countable noun.
2) Answer: D
3) Answer: B
Master degree should be replaced with master’s degree.
4) Answer: B
Sol. Only the last noun in the series conjugated by ‘and’ takes apostrophe ‘s’ when a joint ownership is intended to be conveyed. Hence part (b) must read ‘Rajesh and’ instead of ‘Rajesh’s and’.
5) Answer: B
The should be used before “lists” as “lists” has been made specific by informing that we are discussing about the list of MBA colleges.
6) Answer: C
humiliated means make (someone) feel ashamed and foolish by injuring their dignity and pride.
7) Answer: C
misappropriated means dishonestly or unfairly take (something, especially money, belonging to another) for one’s own use.
8) Answer: D
9) Answer: C
10) Answer: D