Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of English Language Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
Direction (1-5): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
1) Rohan and I am (1)/ best friends and (2)/ we often meet each other. (3)/ No Error (4)
2) Hardly had he left (1)/ the stadium than it began (2)/ to rain heavily. (3)/ No Error (4)
3) Our company not only manufactures (1)/ plastic containers but (2)/ also steel containers. (3)/ No Error (4)
4) Her son has done and (1)/ is still doing excellent (2)/ work for his business. (3)/ No Error (4)
5) Although Rahul ran very (1)/ fastly he could not (2)/ catch the moving bus. (3)/ No Error (4)
Direction (6-10): In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be ﬁlled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
6) My cousin was wrongly punished although he was not ______.
7) The aim of this workshop is to ______ the best in participants.
(a) bring about
(b) bring in
(c) bring on
(d) bring out
8) If you had ______ you would have certainly got the scholarship.
(a) worked hard
(b) been worked hard
(c) work hard
(d) have worked hard
9) By the time the plane arrived, I nearly had despaired ______ being able to board it.
10) We must ______ the new situation with a creative mind.
1) Answer: A
There are two subjects i.e. “Rohan and I” thus with that plural verb should be used.
2) Answer: B
“than” should be replaced with “when” as “hardly had” takes when with it.
3) Answer: A
position of “manufactures” should come before “not only” because if we see latter part of the sentence “but also” is preceded by “steel containers” thus “not only” should be preceded by “plastic containers”.
4) Answer: D
5) Answer: B
fast itself is an adverb, it should not be changed into “fastly” to make it an adverb.
6) Answer: B
7) Answer: D
“bring out” means to make apparent
8) Answer: A
“had” takes third form of verb with it thus “worked hard” should be used.
9) Answer: B
despair of means: To view a situation as hopeless.
10) Answer: C
to face with means to confront and deal with or accept.