Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of English Language Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.
You fail to
P what someone is born,
Q recognize that it matters not
R but what they grow to be!
2) Select the antonym of
3) Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.
The young man (was carried by) the passionate appeal made by the social worker.
(a) was carried towards
(b) was carried off by
(c) got carried away by
(d) no improvement
4) In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
A large _______ of angry bison’s rampaged through the villages.
5) Select the word with the correct spelling.
6) In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
Tie the knot
(a) To put yourself into a problem
(b) To make fateful decision
(c) To sign the deal
(d) To get married
7) Select the synonym of
8) Select the antonym of
9) In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
Providence smiles ________ those who are diligent.
10) Select the word with the correct spelling.
1) Answer: A
2) Answer: D
Humdrum means lacking excitement or variety; boringly monotonous and fascinating means extremely interesting. Hence options (d) is the correct choice.
3) Answer: C
Carry away : to become overly excited.
The young man was overly excited by the passionate appeal made by the social worker.
4) Answer: A
Herd means (with reference to a group of people or animals) move in a group.
5) Answer: B
Registry means a place where registers or records are kept.
6) Answer: D
Tie the knot means to marry a mate.
7) Answer: B
Carnal means relating to physical, especially sexual, sensual, needs and activities.
8) Answer: D
Intrinsic means belonging naturally; essential and acquired means to come into possession or ownership of; get as one’s own.
9) Answer: C
Here upon is used as more formal term for on, especially in abstract senses.
10) Answer: D
Toxicity means the quality of being toxic or poisonous.