Dear Aspirants, Our SSC Crackers team is providing a new series of English Language Questions for Upcoming Exam so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.
Average in amount, intensity, quality, or degree.
2) Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.
The wide world is all
P – cannot forever fence it out
Q – about you: you can fence
R – yourselves in, but you
3) Select the synonym of eminent
4) In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
The officer asked the recruit (A)/which district(B)/he came from.(C)/No error(D)
5) Select the antonym of celibate
6) In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
The road from(A)/my house(B)/to temple is full of potholes. (C)/No error(D)
7) Select the word with the correct spelling.
8) Select the synonym of
9) In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
(a) To escape from captivity
(b) Be free of all responsibilities
(c) To Get something unexpected
(d) Without suffering any punishment or injury
10) In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
The holy prophet said, ” God helps those who help others.”
(a) The holy prophet said that God helped those who helped others.
(b) The holy prophet said that God helps those who help others.
(c) The holy prophet said that God helps people who help others.
(d) The holy prophet said that God helps those people who help others.
1) Answer: A
Moderate is the one which is the substitute of the phraseaverage in amount, intensity, quality, or degree.
2) Answer: B
3) Answer: C
Eminent means (of a person) famous and respected within a sphere and renowned means famous for something.
4) Answer: D
5) Answer: C
Celibate means not having sexual activity, especially because you have made a religious promise not to and promiscuous means having a lot of different sexual partners or sexual relationships, or (of sexual habits) involving a lot of different partners.
6) Answer: C
Here we are using “temple” as a reference point, thus “temple” is not used as its primary purpose, thus “the” need to be added in it.
7) Answer: C
Mobility means the ability to move freely or be easily moved.
8) Answer: D
Snatch means to take something or someone away by force.
Wrench means to pull and twist something suddenly or violently away from its position.
9) Answer: D
Scot-free means to escape punishment for a crime or wrongdoing; to be acquitted of charges for a crime.
10) Answer: B